For a long time, the working title of this database was
BacMedia, in reference to its sister database BacDive.
However, since this suggested that this database would only contain media for bacteria, we decided to rename it in the last few meters before release.
After all, nothing is further from our minds than to discriminate against all the (at this point) 408 media for archaea, yeasts, fungi, and phages.
To make a long story short, we decided to rename the database to MediaDive.
As a result, the database also got a new outfit right away.
Thereby we show more our affiliation
to the DSMZ and its mission for digital diversity.
There was also a new logo for MediaDive to match the new web design on the one hand and also to capture the character of linked data on the other.